Tuesday, May 12, 2009

New Twist on Tuna Casserole

Last night I had to come up with something for dinner. Our pantry is a little on the bare side as I am in desperate need of a grocery run. I took what I had on hand...

...and I came up with what I call "Tuna Casserole Ole". I am not a big Tuna Casserole fan, but I must say this came out pretty tasty! Gerald loved it. Give it a try, it is quick and yummy! Drop me a comment if you make it and tell me what you thought of it. As most of you know, I don't measure, so these are approximate measurements. Adios for now, I'm off to buy vittles...


Tuna Casserole Ole
1 1/2 cups elbow or egg noodles
4 0z Velveeta cheese or 4 slices American cheese or cheddar cheese
1 can tuna, drained
1 can cream of mushroom or cream of celery
1 can Rotel tomatoes
1/2 - 1 cup chopped onions
1 cup frozen peas, or mixed vegetables
1/2 cup crushed tortilla chips

Heat oven to 350. Cook noodles and drain. In the same pot add cheese sir until melted (the heat from the noodles will melt the cheese without putting it back on the heat). Add the next 5 ingredients and mix well. Spoon into a greased casserole dish and top with crushed tortilla chips. Bake for 20-30 minutes or until heated through. Serve with a salad. Serves 6.

No comments: