Friday, August 8, 2008

Mini Aprons

OK, so I signed up for this "Mini Apron" swap. It sounded interesting because lately I have been in the sewing mode and have been sewing up a batch of vintage style aprons--regular sized (hmmm Christmas just around the corner, what to do with these?). Apparently these mini apron swaps are popular. Here is how it works; if 20 people sign up then you would make 20 plus 1 for yourself. There is a theme and a deadline, you mail your finished aprons to the "mini apron coordinator", she divides them out and mails them out to everyone. You wind up with 20 different mini aprons plus the one you made. The fun part is you receive aprons from all over the United States. You may be asking yourself; "what does one do with mini aprons?" well, some ladies tie the apron strings together to make little valances to hang in their windows or walls, some have an apron tree in their kitchen that they decorate, etc. I have no clue what I am going to do with my mini aprons, but I'm sure I'll think of something. "Birthdays" is the theme for the apron swap I signed up for. So today I'm off to the fabric store to find "birthday print" fabric. I will post a picture when I finish the little lovelies and when I receive the others. Oh by the way, they have to measure approx. 3" x 5".

Heads up, Gerald asked me yesterday how to sign on to our blog. Stay tuned, I think he may surprise us all with some postin'. :O)

No comments: