Monday, August 25, 2008

Last First Day of School

So, today is the first day of school and it just hit me, this will be my nephew Ryan's last first day of high school. Where does the time go? Wasn't it just yesterday they moved here and he was starting his freshman year? We look forward to watching him play his last year of football at Smithson Valley...GO RANGERS!

The Junction Boys along with the other MeadowLand kids start their first day at our new charter school. Most of the kids have mixed feelings about attending our new school as many of them wanted to stay in the Boerne schools. It will be interesting to see how it went today. I look forward to my yearly tradition of surprising the Junction Boys with something on the first day of school. Today I will have an ice cream party waiting for them when they get home. Yum!

Gerald dreads this day as the school traffic will back in full force. He has to leave a 1/2 hour early just so he can beat the traffic.

As for me, I am going to get my hair done and eat ice cream!

1 comment:

Larissa said...

Ohh love to go get my hair done!!! Have fun!

The time does go by fast! David started highschool today and Lizzy is now a freshman in College! When did the babies of the Gaston family grow up? Crazy?

And also be looking for you new Cadillac Sky Cd coming in the mail real soon!(I have the hook up,wink,wink ;) Its our treat!)

Love y'all!!!