Wednesday, October 14, 2009

El Paso Trip

In September we went to El Paso to visit dad and Yolanda and to watch Earnest play. Sul Ross had a non-conference game on the 12th. Sadly they lost, but played a great game. Earnest played pretty much the whole game with the exception of a much needed break after he ran approx. 60 yds. to tackle the receiver just before the goal line! We had a great time watching him play!



Gerald, Dad, Earnest, Yolanda


One of the things I miss about El Paso are the mountains. I forget how much I miss them until I see them again...




View from Dad and Yolanda's house


An unexpected surprise happened when Gerald and I rolled into town. We took a little drive through our old neighborhood before getting to dad and Yolanda's. We were driving down a street that some dear friends live on. We were looking for their old house. Now let me back up and explain that they had in recent years moved to another house on the same street but we did not know where it was. Anyways, right about the time we found their old house Gerald says "I wonder where their new house is?". I look over and about 2 houses down on the other side of the street there stood Len and Judy in their driveway! Now what were the odds of us driving down their street at just the time that they would be out in their driveway? Boy were we so glad to see them! They invited us in and we had a wonderful visit!


On our way home we stopped at Balmorhea State Park. Gerald hadn't been there in 40 years and I had never been. It was a nice relaxing trip!

No comments: