Thursday, February 12, 2009

Poor Neglected Blog!

Oh my, it has been five months since the blog has been fed, poor little thing! I knew it was bad when I noticed we were no longer on Clint and Larissa's (neice & hubby) "Daily Read" list. :O) My how time flies! Here are a few highlights of what has happened in our lives since the last entry:

*I attended a big 3 day "Hooker's" (Rug Hooking that is) convention in Fredericksburg, TX


*We added another room to the Western Town (laundry/pantry) and rebuilt the well house


*My sister and I created a "NM Lobo" bedroom for nephew Ricky (will have to get photos of finished room) this is about a 5' x 4' Lobo I painted on one wall and I painted "ESPN Zone" on another wall


*We moved into the Western Town in November/December (there is still more work to do)


*Hosted a "Harvest Party" and Christmas day here for the Junction Boys

*Kitchen is almost done just need countertops
*Adopted a kitty named him "Snickers" or sometimes is called "Snicker Doodles"


*I quit my job in November to become a "Home Executive", I continue to volunteer

*Finished the mini apron "Birthday Theme" swap, (remember those?) mine were hand painted and received aprons from swap ladies, now on to "Winter Theme" swap


*Gerald and I became "Great" Aunt and Uncle for the first time on December 3, we cannot wait to meet Maylee Gail Simpson (we are trying hard to get up to Forth Worth to meet her and take her on a shopping spree, really Larissa & Clint, honest!)

*Dad and Grandma Yolie visit us & the Rios' at Christmas time, "Guitar Hero" was played by all


*Enjoyed a wonderful party and weekend in El Paso last month with dear friends and Dad & Yolanda. A great party was hosted by Cody & Shannon Pierce where we saw friends we hadn't seen in years, lots of fun and laughing!

*Gerald continues to be busy at work and at home, travels frequently to Florida, El Paso, Del Rio etc. Here is an updated picture of the backyard as of last weekend (can't wait for the Pizza Oven and outdoor movies!)


*Have had several Girl Scout sleepouts & events and at the moment Snicker's is up to his eyeballs in Girl Scout cookies, "Thin Mints anyone?"


Well that about sums up our lives to this point. I will try to do a better job updating the blog. Hope all of you have had a blessed New Year so far.
Love,
Brenda

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WOW and I thought I was busy!!!